Bill of the Day
No bill of the day existsThe bill of the day is chosen by the BillWatch team. We aim to pick a diverse range of bills representing a variety of viewpoints. Our selection of this bill does not imply an endorsement.
Noteworthy Bills (based on site activity)
|S1066: A bill to require the Secretary of Education to revise regulations regarding student loan repayment deferment with respect to borrowers who are in postgraduate medical or dental internship, residency, or fellowship programs [0 comments]|
- Directs the Secretary of Education to revise specified regulations regarding student loan repayment deferment under certain programs of the Higher Education Act of 1965 with respect to borrowers who qualify for such deferment on the basis of economic hardship and are in postgraduate medical or dental internship, residency, or fellowship programs.
- Revises such regulations to: (1) make such deferment available to such borrowers for the duration of postgraduate medical or dental internship, residency, or fellowship programs if they must be successfully completed to begin work in the profession, or they lead to a degree or certificate from a health professional school or facility that offers postgraduate training; and (2) make it unnecessary for borrowers to apply annually for such deferments while participating in such programs.
|S1933: A bill to amend the Safe Drinking Water Act to provide grants to small public drinking water systems [0 comments]|
Amends the Safe Drinking Water Act to require the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to establish a Small Public Water System Assistance Program, including a program for Indian tribes, to assist small water systems in complying with national primary drinking water regulations.
- Directs the Secretary of the Interior, acting through the Bureau of Reclamation, not later than the latter of two years after funds are appropriated or the signing of a reserved water rights settlement agreement by the Tule River Tribe and other settling water users, to complete a feasibility study to evaluate alternatives for a domestic, commercial, municipal, industrial, and irrigation water supply for the Tule River Tribe of the Tule River Reservation.
- Prohibits any project conducted in relation to that study from providing water supplies for any other Tribal casino, except: (1) the casino in its current form and dimensions operated by the Tribe on the Tule River Reservation; and (2) any lodging, dining, entertainment, meeting space, parking, or other similar facilities which may be constructed in the future in support of current, or any future expansion of, on-Reservation gaming activities.
|H2261: To increase the diversity and independence of the United States energy supply by providing encouragement of energy sources from rural America, including biofuels and wind energy, and for other purposes [0 comments]|
- Amends the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 to redefine "bioenergy" to include: (1) cellulosic cogeneration; (2) biomass gasification; and (3) hydrogen made from cellulosic commodities for fuel cells.
- Instructs the Secretary of Agriculture (Secretary) to make available increased funds of the Commodity Credit Corporation to implement: (1) the bioenergy program; (2) renewable energy systems and energy efficiency improvements; and (3) grants for small projects.
- Amends the Internal Revenue Code to: (1) provide a five-year extension of credit for electricity produced from certain renewable resources; and (2) allow a tax credit for certain wind energy property placed in service or installed by the taxpayer during the taxable year.
- [View bill for full summary]
Amends the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to permit candidates for election to federal office to designate an individual for each of a candiate's authorized campaign committees who will be authorized to disburse funds of the committee in the event of the candidate's death.
|SR245: A resolution congratulating the University of Arizona Wildcats for winning the 2007 NCAA Division I Softball Championship [0 comments]|
Congratulates the University of Arizona Wildcats for winning the 2007 National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I Women's Softball Championship.
|S782: A bill to designate the United States courthouse to be constructed in Jackson, Mississippi, as the "Thad Cochran United States Courthouse" [0 comments]|
Designates the United States courthouse to be constructed at the site bounded on the north by Court Street, on the west by West Street, on the south by South Street, and on the east by President Street in Jackson, Mississippi, as the "Thad Cochran United States Courthouse."
Authorizes expenditures by the Committee on the Budget for the 110th Congress.
|SR139: A resolution commending General Peter J. Schoomaker for his extraordinary dedication to duty and service to the United States [0 comments]|
Commends General Peter J. Schoomaker for his extraordinary dedication to duty and service to the United States throughout his distinguished career in the U.S. Army.
|H3188: To eliminate the separate work participation rate requirements for 2-parent families under the program of block grants to States for temporary assistance for needy families [0 comments]|
Amends part A (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) (TANF) of title IV of the Social Security Act to eliminate the separate work participation rate requirements for two-parent families.